Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Sweet Day at the Candy Store

Hi, I have been reading many of your blogs for the last week and decided that this is something that I might like to try. First, a little about myself...I am a mother to two lovely daughters and have two wonderful son-in-laws and six awesome grandchildren. I also have my boyfriend of 19 years and he lives here with me. I have lived in my home here for 37 years now and have watched many changes happen in my neighborhood. All the neighbor kids have grown, many of their parents have either passed or have moved elsewhere. Younger families have moved into my original neighbors homes and I am one of the few "originals" left. But I love my home here and I don't want to live anywhere else. I feel at peace here and very secure and safe. It's what I'm used to. I have my house the way I like it and life is good.

I, together with my younger daughter, own a candy store, called Sweet Boutique. Imagine having so much sweetness at your fingertips day in and day out! Our chocolates are superb, we have lots of nostalgic candy and fudge that is the best in the country. We mold and dip chocolate. We make all kinds of chocolate lollipops and molded novelty items. So, that's what I do most of the day. Right now we are getting ready for Valentine's Day. A big job to say the least. We buy the fancy heart boxes and fill them with the chocolates from our candy case. We also put together gifts for the kids and mold many chocolate gift items. Today I made a trio of a hockey player pop with a hockey stick and puck. I've been concentrating on the boy type gifts because the customers are always asking for something to give to them. This holiday is a last minute one, customers wait 'til the day before or the day of and then we get swamped. So we have to have everything in place and ready to go. It's crazy and fun at the same time, and at the end of the day we are totally exhausted. But it's what we work so hard for starting Jan. 2, and it is one of my favorite holidays. The romance factor is the main reason I love it so much. We never say "I love you" enough. And at this time, it is so good to feel the love that is all around us. The customers want only the best and most beautiful to show their loved ones how much they care about them. I will be adding some pics of the store later. For now, it is late and I must open the store tomorrow morning, so I need to wrap it up for now. I am excited about getting to know some of you and am looking forward to reading more of your blogs. Jean

No comments: